I laugh, I cry, I change diapers

I am a stay at home mother and I love my job. I feel lucky to be able to stay home and raise my sons, nurture my family, yadda, yadda, yadda. OK some days I feel cursed, but most of the time there is nowhere I'd rather be. Except maybe at a spa.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Never wake a sleeping baby

Photobucket

What about a 3 year old at 9:29 am?

Nicholas slept right through the start of his soccer class. It started 30 minutes ago and it's 35 minutes from our house.

My husband and I figure he needs the sleep. Soccer will be there next week. I am so grateful I've never had to dynamite this kid out of bed to schlep him to daycare. SO glad. He is usually up in time to get ready for preschool, which, at the latest, is 8:15 am in order for me to pin him down to strip off his pj's, night time diaper (yuck), and get some breakfast in him and presentable clothes on him. Of course I have to allow extra time for him to 'brush' his teeth after I've done the job. And look out if I don't let him use the cup to rinse, turn off the water himself, put the step stool back in its place on his own, turn off the light on his own.....I know, I should be glad that he is somewhat independent. I really am. I just don't always have time for him to exercise this skill. That is another post. You fellow mommies understand, I'm sure.

I have always been very protective of my son's sleep patterns. For the most part, I've followed his lead and let him set the schedule. I've had trouble sleeping off and on for years, so I know the misery it can bring. I am home in time for naps and bed time. And guess what? He is a great sleeper. Maybe it's nature, maybe it's nurture, maybe a combination of both. I don't care. I just hope it's a hereditary trait and his sibling does the same.

Perhaps he is still making up for only sleeping 1.5 hours at a time from October 2006-December 2006.

OK it's 9:45. I'm going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment