I laugh, I cry, I change diapers

I am a stay at home mother and I love my job. I feel lucky to be able to stay home and raise my sons, nurture my family, yadda, yadda, yadda. OK some days I feel cursed, but most of the time there is nowhere I'd rather be. Except maybe at a spa.

Monday, October 12, 2009

So I bought a girdle

Ok, not an actual, old granny girdle, but a modified tank top that might be made of steel reinforced rubber bands. Anyway, it works. And, I didn't get stuck in it like the other one I had with me in the dressing room. I can't be the first woman this has happened to. They ought to have one of those 'Call Nurse' buttons in the dressing room like you find in the hospital bathrooms. Bring the jaws of life, the Spanx claimed another victim.

I can't blame it all on pregnancy and childbirth; I lost that weight and then some (thanks to a combination of back surgery, pain medication, and Nutrisystem meals. I can really only recommend one of those methods). But, I put some back on. Did you know M&M's have 210 calories for 1/4 cup?! Me either.

Things are just squishier than they used to be. Luckily, this new form of flab is easily molded and smoothed by today's shapewear. So I won't be able to take a full breath for a few hours. I'll be temporarily back fat free, it's so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I second the 'call nurse' buttons in the dressing room especially when there is no one around to help you zip up an item!

    ReplyDelete