I laugh, I cry, I change diapers

I am a stay at home mother and I love my job. I feel lucky to be able to stay home and raise my sons, nurture my family, yadda, yadda, yadda. OK some days I feel cursed, but most of the time there is nowhere I'd rather be. Except maybe at a spa.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ramble on

1. Maternity pants ought to come with optional suspenders you can attach and conceal beneath your clothing. Perhaps this would not only keep them from falling down to mid-crotch level while grocery shopping, but prevent the elastic band from pushing my underwear to half-mast. I now understand why pregnant women in the 80's wore those unflattering overalls. They stayed put and didn't bother their undergarments' positioning.

2. Our main living area looks like the house that packrats built. We cleared everything out of the pantry so Scott could paint the interior, install some new storage units, and remove and clean the shelves. Ok, we didn't realize the shelves needed cleaning until they stuck to his hands during removal, lesson learned. Every flat surface in the kitchen is covered in non-perishable food. It is seriously making me tense.

You see, I watch Hoarders. And, every time I watch an episode, it spurs me to get rid of something old or useless, or organize an area of the house. It is a very effective motivator. After viewing a crazy cat couple episode, I learned I am probably in possession of the legal maximum number of household pets. Also, why did I have cake mix that expired in 2008? I don't even use cake mix. Must have been a great deal......

3. Nicholas refused to wear pants yesterday, and spent most of the day with his underwear on backwards (which means he spent most of the day picking his drawers out of his butt crack). Today, he decided there was no need for a shirt. And, after going potty by himself, emerged from the bathroom stark naked, and proceeded to return to playing with this cars. Nothing to see here people, keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment